Friday, July 25, 2008

This Is How The World Should Be!

Joe Butler lost his legs in a 1965 land mine in Vietnam. He returned home, a war hero. Twenty years later, as he working in his garage in a small town in Arizona, he heard a female screaming from a nearby house. He began rolling his wheelchair towards the house, but the dense flower garden was slowing down his speed; so he got out of his wheel chair and started to crawl through the dirt and the bushes. He got there and discovered that a three year-old girl named Stephanie Hanes was drowning in a swimming pool! He immediately dived in and rescued the infant whose breath was nearly gone. AS he put his mouth over hers to commence CPR, he told her mother “I was her arms to get her out of the pool. It’ll be okay. I am her lungs. Together we can make it”. Seconds later, the little girl coughed, regained consciousness, and began to cry.


As they hugged and rejoiced together, Mr. Butler told his story: “When my legs were blown off in the Vietnam War, I was all alone in a field till a little Vietnamese girl struggled to drag me into her village, she whispered in broken English, “It okay. You can live. I be your legs. Together we make it.” And I wanted to do the same for Stephanie.

I came across this story in “OUR DAILY MANNA” my devotional guide and I thought I should share this.

Life should be more like this
There should be love everywhere
Not people killing others just to make it

We should realize that we are siblings
We may be from different countries
But remember, these countries are just borders created by us!

There should be love among us
Let us love like never before and care for others
We would all, at some point in time, need love!

Peace!

No comments: