Friday, July 11, 2008

Cold Cuts of the Heart

I called to let you know I had found something I loved doing.
And all you could tell me was ‘I dun care’
I’m not acting with my mind any longer, but rather with my heart
Cos my mind would only cause me to lose my love

Your words each day seem to bore a different hole in my heart
They are tearing it apart!

You seem to act without any emotion
You’re a cold heartless thing.

I don’t know why I still get in touch
But one thing I know for sure:
I love you!

The heart you keep piercing and mauling
Even in its shredded state, still beats with the words……….
I……. love…………you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why my feelings are so strong.
It's as if some giant crane jerked me aloft
And swings me through the softness of the night.
I don't blame you if you're scared, for so am I.
It's as if I'm deep beneath the sea:
Though life is vivid, I can hardly breathe.

Free me from my anguish; come with me!
The two of us can wing across our skies
Gliding where we will in joy and love

Kwansema said...

lovely poem chitchat,
thanx for the comments

Anonymous said...

really touching.
But u have to be strong.
Love although is real can be very deceiving at times.
Just make sure u dont end up in a depressed state.
However its really ..........

Kwansema said...

thanx for the comment annon.
I'll be strong
it is deceiving most of the tym
we all must watch out!

The Author said...

Since the person you love obviously knows you so well, what new thing did you discover that did not excite them?

This is really well written, especially the animal imagery of predator and prey.

Keep it up. I'd like to read more and more.

Kwansema said...

thanx
i'll be putting up more so please watch out!