Tuesday, July 15, 2008

THE CALL THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING

My phone began vibrating
It was my boo so I picked
My pulse was racing wild
I hadn’t heard from him the entire day

“Annie” he said “I’m sorry I can’t continue this”
“I dun get you” I said
“I am sorry this has to end!”

Oh no!
My insides were melting into …
My heart bled.
I loved him so much
I trusted him completely

This couldn’t be happening….
He said we would last forever,
So what went wrong?
“Was I at fault?” I asked
“No, it’s all my fault” he answered

It was all his fault
Yet, I have to bear the pain of having my heart broken
By the guy I loved with all my heart!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your heart broke when I said I had to leave you
To serve our country somewhere far away.
But every day tells me how much I love you,
And how I'll mend it once I'm home to stay.
For life is but a dream, and we the dreamers,
Making what we will of what we are.
When gates clang shut, we are our own redeemers,
As love leaves for us a door ajar.

So dream with me these empty months of sorrow
As we find ways to be together still.
No longing can be brighter than tomorrow,
Nor dream less certain than our strength of will.

Anonymous said...

I loved you, but I could not wait forever.

I made my choice, but you would not make yours.

In some delays, a year’s as good as never,

As what is lost no change of heart restores.

I love you still, but cannot think of you

Without the bitter longing of regret.

This, too, will pass, I know, and time renew

The innocence one needs to love, and yet . . .

You were my once, that never comes again,

A happiness untouched by any past.

Whatever love comes next comes with the stain

Of knowing well this love might well not last.

Goodbye, my love! I hope someday you’ll be

Ripe for the love you could have had from me.

Kwansema said...

@ chitchat- lovely poem.Nicely written.
@Rex-lovely.Absolutely lovely

The Author said...

I see you guys are quickly developing quite a nice network of poets. I like!

Muze said...

awww. very nice.

hope this isn't a true story.

*cyber hugs*

Kwansema said...

OMG
Muze commented on my post
yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(okay okay, be calm. lol!)
thanx a lot Muze

Kwansema said...

@ Nana- awwwwwwwwww
Thanx you!!!!!!!!!